The Marangu route, also known as the “Coca-Cola” route, is the oldest, most well established route on Kilimanjaro. This is the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations in lieu of camping. There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut.
ATA discover many favor on Marangu route because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope and direct path. However the short time frame of the route makes altitude acclimatization fairly difficult. The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the southeast. Marangu is unfortunately less scenic than the other routes because the ascent and descent are along the same path. It is also the most crowded route for that reason
Included in this Trek :
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides:
- All Park fees Airport transfers Rescue fees,
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Medical Kit
- Emergency oxygen
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Accommodation in Arusha
- Portable toilet
Items not included:
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Tips Personal spending monies for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
There are no reviews yet.