Tanzania Camping Safaris: 5days to Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, and Lake Manyara.
Traveling in Tanzania still is an adventure, its safe from the pandemic of corona ..all Experience the dusty roads, the hot climate, the thrilling encounters with big game, but also the beautiful landscape and the friendly African people! Camping in the wild provides some unforgettable moments…
Tanzania There are no more travel restrictions in Tanzania. Even though new travelers will be screened for respiratory symptoms upon arriving in Tanzania, the 14-day quarantine period is no longer mandatory
Camping safaris are designed for the young & old in search of real adventure; for those who enjoy the unpredictable wilderness.
Age, however, is not the criteria, what’s needed is, a spirit of adventure, a sense of humors and the willingness to participate!!
Day 1 Manyara
- At around 08.00 Am; ATA driver is waiting at your Hotel’s lounge and your luggage is parked in the 4×4 safari land cruiser ready to take off You will pass by Arusha town briefly for you to do brief shopping of a few personal effects that you may need as well as to change some money if you wish and off you leave the town past the Arusha Airport further across the Masai Steppe and across the Great Rift Valley to Lake Manyara National Park. The name Manyara is a Masai word for the acacia tortilis tree species which the nomadic Maasai people use to make hedges to protect their homesteads and livestock. The park is highlighted with lots of these trees and the tree climbing lions which are often spotted taking afternoon siesta on the branches. Other animals common in this park includes the impalas, giraffes buffaloes and impalas. Just at the entrance of this beautiful park is an underground water forest and a perfect habitat for the Blue monkeys, the baboons, bush bucks and the gigantic elephants sheltering in the sheds from the afternoon sun and devouring the green branches and twigs and herbs. The Hippo pools and at the Lake Manyara itself you will get the chance to observe the Hippos and the aquatic birds including the colorful Flamingos, pelicans, Egyptian geese, cormorants, and many more. You will take lunch at one of the picnic sites in the national park. In the late afternoon you will drive to the campsite. Overnight at Panorama lake view Camp. All meals included. (Prices differ.)
Day 2 Serengeti National Park
- After breakfast depart for Serengeti passing through Olduvai Gorge, the site of Leakey’s family discovery of fossils of human and animal ancestors dating back to almost two million years. Meals and overnight at Seronera Wildlife Lodge or similar. All meals included.
Day 3 Serengeti National park
- Safari in Tanzania is not complete without a visit to Serengeti National park. At day break you are out to the Serengeti plains for a sunrise game drive that normally offers the only chance of sighting the nocturnal species retiring and also the diurnal species waking up to a new day before you go back for breakfast. After breakfast you will leave for a full day of game drives exploring the Serengeti. Depending on the season and time of the year, this is where you will witness the magnificent natural phenomenon of the ‘Great migration’ where more than one and a half million wildebeests accompanied by hundreds of thousands of gazelles and zebras brave the crocodile infested rivers and cross the border into the Masai Mara in Kenya in search of green pastures and water. The resident animals and birds that stay all year round in Serengeti makes sure that the park is must visit whenever one travels to Tanzania. Later in the afternoon you will drive back to the campsite for dinner and overnight. 02 x Overnight at Thorn tree Camp. All meals included.
Day 4 Ngorongoro Crater
- After breakfast your drive via Naabi gate to the largest unbroken Caldera of the world; Ngorongoro Crater also referred to as the ‘Eden of Africa’ and also the ‘eighth wonder of the world’. About an hour and a half hour’s steady drive and you will be at the Main Gate of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area where you will undergo some registration formalities and off you drive to the Crater Rim where you will make a brief stop at the View point. You will then descend to the Crater floor for a full day of game drive in search of the Big Five; The Elephants, Rhino, Lions, Leopard, and Buffaloes which can be sighted in a one day with a little bit of luck. In the Crater floor you expect to see animals at amazingly close range and these includes; zebras, topis, gazelles, hartebeests, warthogs, wildebeests, hippos, hyenas, Serval cats, silver backed jackals, and many more species. At the center of the Crater floor is Lake Makat where you expect to see a lot of aquatic bird life like the colorful flamingos, Egyptian geese, cormorants, grebes. After taking lunch at a designated picnic site ear a hippo pool you will continue with game drives till later in the afternoon when you will ascend back to the Crater Rim, where you will check in at your campsite for dinner and overnight. Overnight at Endoro Lodge /or Bougainvillea Hotel. All meals included.
Day 5 Arusha
After late breakfast you will leave to Arusha with your picnic lunch stop at meseran snake park lunch before proceed to Arusha town..
END OF TRIP
The Price includes
- 05 days private safari for 02 – 06 persons
- Transport and wildlife drives in modified 4 x 4 Land Cruiser with photographic roof hatch
- Services of a professional English speaking safari guide
- All wildlife reserve entry fees
- All game drives as mentioned in the itinerary
- 03 x 0,5 l mineral water per person / day during game drives
- 04 x FB at safari lodges or tented camps as per itinerary
- Value Added Tax by Tanzania Revenue Authority
The Price does not include
- International Flights
- Any domestic connection flights on arrival or departure
- All items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for safari guide and lodge staff (please tip separately)
- Travel insurance if needed
- Visa fee (50 US$ /100 US$ for American or Irish Passport holders – to be paid upon arrival)
- Drinks and beverages in lodges
- Hot Air Balloon Safari at Serengeti (599 USD per person), including concession fees
- All Airport pick up and transfers in private car
- Accommodation at Arusha on arrival